From 9–10 May 2017, the 5th Congress of the Polish Insurance Association – the most important discussion forum for the insurance industry in Poland, which gathers representatives of parliament, government administration, financial supervision and insurers in Sopot every year – was held. This year’s congress was attended by a record number of guests – more than 280.
The congress was opened by:
• Józef Zych, PhD – Judge of the State Tribunal, Speaker of the Polish Parliament from 1995–1997
• Grzegorz Bierecki – Chairman of the Committee for Budget and Public Finance, Senate of the Republic of Poland
• Paweł Borys – CEO of the Polish Development Fund
• Marcin Pachucki – Deputy Chairman of the Polish Financial Supervision Authority
Letter from Mr Marek Kuchciński, Speaker of the Sejm of the Republic of Poland
Presentations delivered during specialist panels of the 5th PIU Congress are available below. They included:
– The impact of insurance on the economy and society and the announcement of a future PIU report on this issue
– Traffic safety and the announcement of a future PIU report on this subject
– Innovation in insurance
– New regulations on insurance intermediation
This year’s meeting was marked by discussions on the impact of insurers on the environment, security, reputation, innovation in insurance, and legal regulations related to insurance intermediation. The Speaker of the Polish Parliament (Sejm), Mr Marek Kuchciński, addressed a letter about the congress to the President of the Polish Insurance Association.
Video materials from individual panels:
Photos from the congress: